Chicago Tribune articles:
September 21, 1912
March 19, 1913
April 26, 1913
His story written by our friend Scott.
Borden’s story inspired many- including Otto Schoerner, a CIM missionary in China from 1931-1951 (and friend) who for a time was the business manager at the Borden Memorial Hospital. He says, “When I was at Moody one of the books that made a deep impression on me was the life of Borden of Yale. Borden also felt the call to work among the Mohammedens in northwest China...In his memory [they] built the Borden Memorial Hospital...to reach Muslims, but it was the reading of that book that the Lord used in my life to give me a vision of the need among Muslims in northwest China. And it was that that the Lord used ultimately to bring me and five others. And more wonderful to me as I look back...I actually was sent to be the business manager of Borden Memorial Hospital and became the superintendent of the work...So the Lord used a book, a life to inspire me.”
No comments:
Post a Comment